Team Member Referral Program
Bi-State Development (BSD) is always looking for good team members, and we know many of you already knew someone here, or someone suggested that you apply.
EARN UP TO A $1000 REFERRAL BONUS
If you know someone you want to refer for employment with BSD, we would like to hear from you. If that person is hired and successfully completes the probation period you will receive $500; and an additional $500 after 6 months (following the completion of training) if the referred team member remains employed with a positive attendance point balance.
Positions eligible for the Referral Program will include:
- Bus Operator
- General Laborer
- Track Maintainer
- Traction Power Electrician
- Van Operator
- Truck Driver
- Mechanic 1A or Electromechanic
- Signal Electrician
- Facility Electrician
- All current BSD team members are eligible to refer applicants.
- The referral you make must be for a current job opening. This information is available at all facilities and at https://jobs.jobvite.com/bistatedev/jobs/viewall.
- The referral must be for an external candidate. Temporary, summer, contract, and former team members of BSD are not eligible candidates for the referral program.
- For you to be eligible for an award, the candidate must put your name on their application as their referral source.
- Only candidates who meet the qualifications for the position will be considered.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with Bi-State Development policies and procedures. Not all referrals will be selected for employment. All applicants, whether they are referred or not will be evaluated for employment fairly, based on their qualifications.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
- To qualify for the first $500 referral payment, you must remain on the active payroll, and the person you referred must have completed the probationary period for their position with BSD.
- To qualify for the second $500 referral payment, you must remain on the active payroll, and the person you referred must not have negative attendance points at BSD. (Military leave will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as it pertains to the attendance requirements of the referral program).
- To refer someone you know for a job opening, please complete the form below. The candidate must put your name on their application as their referral source as well. Incomplete Team Member Referral Forms and application packets will not be considered.
- You are eligible for a referral award only when you refer external candidates.
- If the candidate you refer is hired, and you are on the active payroll, you will receive a referral award of $500 after the new employee has completed the probationary period for their position and an additional $500 after six months should you and the referred still be on the active payroll and the referred employee not have negative attendance point balance, no rule violations, and no preventable accidents. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make per year.
- Only one referral award can be given per candidate. Only the first person to make the referral will be eligible for the reward if the candidate is hired.