Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
COVID-19 & Variant Information
The safety of our team members and our customers remains a top priority. Bi-State Development’s (BSD) Department of Public Safety tracks COVID-19 health conditions using the guidance of the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local/regional health authorities. Our emergency management procedures adapt and evolve to address COVID-19 and any variants.
BSD COVID Contact Numbers
Cigna EAP (Available 24/7, free to team members and their family)
BSD COVID-19 Guidelines – May 2023
As of May 11, 2023, the Federal Government has officially lifted the national health emergency related to COVID-19.
Bi-State Development strives to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. As such, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, BSD recommends that you secure a COVID-19 test and notify your management team and Absence Management as soon as possible.
What does this mean for Bi-State Development/Metro?
- COVID-19 absences are now subject to the No Fault Attendance Policy.
- COVID-19 home tests will no longer be considered proof of positive results.
- If you think you are positive for COVID-19, please use a licensed vendor, i.e., Walgreens, CVS, Personal Care Physician (PCP), Urgent Care, etc., to perform the test.
- If a team member is potentially exposed and has no symptoms, they should continue to work.
- When team members test POSITIVE for COVID-19, they should contact their management team and Absence Management at (314) 982-1597 and provide a copy of the test results.
- If a team member is positive and asymptomatic (no symptoms), they may return to work after completing at least five (5) days of isolation. BarnesCare must clear the represented team members via telescreen before returning to work.
- When a team member has to care for a spouse or a school-aged child who tested positive for COVID-19, they may request to use their PTO/Vacation/Personal Paid Leave (PPL). If applicable, the team member can take the leave time as unpaid. Subject to the No Fault Attendance Policy.
- When a Salaried employee test positive for COVID-19, salaried PTO will be applied if you are not authorized to work from home. Please speak with your management team.
What if I still exhibit COVID-19 symptoms after five (5) days?
- Contact Absence Management to determine eligibility for FMLA.
As a represented team member, do I receive pay while on COVID-19 leave?
Pay is determined by the following:
- Confirmation of a positive COVID-19 test
- Have accrued a minimum of 691 hours of their maximum leave accrual
- There shall be a waiting period of two (2) working days which is not compensable except when an employee covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement has been hospitalized for two (2) or more days during the absence.
Find a COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster
COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are free and available to anyone who wants one. Vaccines.gov lists up-to-date vaccination services available in your area through pharmacies and health departments. Find a location near you, then call or visit the website of one of the providers listed to make an appointment.
Get answers to questions or help finding a vaccine or booster location near you. Help is available in English, Spanish, and many other languages.
Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL):